Life is more fun when you RAWR!


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A few recent crafts

My crafty side has been ignited again.  I've been crafting a lot over the past week and I'm pretty pleased with the results.
 First, another set of bean bags.  I'm really happy with how these turned out and I hope that my niece will love them too.  I especially love the color combinations on these.
The second is a baby gift for one of my husband's graduate students who just became a dad for the first time.  I made burp cloths and an appliqué onesie. Both projects couldn't be easier.


For the burp cloths I simply sewed flannel down the middle of a Gerber organic prefold diaper.  Viola! A cute, personal burp cloth that's super absorbent.  For the onesie all I needed was a scrap of wonder-under, a scrap of cute fabric and a onesie.  Cut the wonder-under into the shape of a heart and iron the rough side to the back of your fabric.  Cut the wonder-undered fabric out and peel off the paper on the back of the fabric, iron it on to the onesie and then zig-zag stitch around the outline of the heart to secure it to your onesie.

It took just a couple of hours from start to finish on the baby gifts (the bean bags take a little longer because they're sort of putzy with all the appliqué).  All in all, both projects are fun, interesting and very satisfying at the finish.

1 comment: