Life is more fun when you RAWR!


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bean Bags

After a long sewing inspiration drought I finally found a fun little project that inspired me to get back at it.
http://sewlikemymom.com/bean-bag-tutorial/

I chose to make my bean bags without the "tags" because, frankly, I don't like those taggy things.  They look like invitations for trouble wrapped all over a kid's favorite toy.   

Other than that, I pretty well followed her instructions, doing the appliqués first.  What's awesome about these bean bags are you can use those little bits of fabric that you love so much and hoped to find a use for in the future.  You can also do a lot of great mixing, matching and coordinating.

I actually sized and centered my "top" fabrics after doing the appliqué.  No real reason I guess, other than I was anxious to get sewing.
 

The finished  products are fantastic.  I love how they turned out and I love how fun, easy and yet personal these bean bags are as both a project and a gift.

I filled two of the bean bags with beans.  The other I filled with rice and in the future I'll likely fill all of my bean bags with rice.  They're softer that way and can be put in the freezer or microwave as a "boo boo bag" as needed.

2 comments:

  1. Bean bag chairs are the newest craze in furniture. They can be seen in most places, providing a comfy alternative for sitting and lounging. They come in different shapes and sizes.

    Bean Bags

    ReplyDelete