Life is more fun when you RAWR!


Sunday, July 17, 2011

Book Report: The Girl Who Played With Fire


Thank you Jennifer for making me feel better about not getting into Anna Karenina.  I moved on to the second book in Stieg Larsson's trilogy:  The Girl Who Played With Fire.  I devoured the book in 3 days but mostly in one sitting.  And for the first time in a really long time I was so wrapped up in the story that I had to skip ahead, avoiding more tedious parts of the story to find out what was happening.  I'm certain that I missed small details but I don't regret it, the story was exciting and I wasn't waiting around through research while they found Salander, I needed to know post haste what she was up to.  I even found myself about to shout out loud at the book "JUST TYPE HER A MESSAGE IN YOUR COMPUTER!" (and he did - about 100 pages after I thought of it!).
Anyway, I was obviously super interested in this book.  It is an incredibly well-written thriller, much more captivating than the first of the series which took me quite a while to become interested in.   I really enjoyed how Larsson expanded on a lot of the interpersonal relationships and filled in a lot of Salander's past.
Of course, my next book is the final book of the trilogy.  I expect I'll read that one pretty quickly too.

No comments:

Post a Comment