Life is more fun when you RAWR!


Monday, May 9, 2011

Menu Plan Monday


I can't believe it's been a week since I blogged!  And I did so well the week before.  I guess life just gets in the way sometimes. 
I am thrilled to report that my garden is flourishing!  For the first time in five different gardens!  Looks like the gardening class I took has really paid off.  It's  , pretty small garden.  Three tomato plants (each a different variety), cucumbers, squash. bell and banana peppers and some basil.  This summer I should be able to make tomato, basil & mozzarella salad where I've grown the tomatoes and basil and made the mozzarella!!
So anyway, time to plan for the week! 

Monday: Steak, grilled veggies, rice
Tuesday: Macaroni and cheese (with cauliflower)
Wednesday: grilled fish, rice, green salad
Thursday: Ham, potatoes, green beans
Friday:  Homemade pizzas
Saturday: Quiche
Sunday: burgers and fries

As a random question - does anyone know how to rid yourself of nightmares?  I have zombie nightmares like 2x a week (thanks "The Walking Dead) and now it's a real nuisance! 

1 comment:

  1. I have never gotten rid of my nightmares - I just got used to them. However for the kids, when I lay them down, I get very serious and say, "Now repeat after me: I will NOT dream about bunnies and rainbows. No bunnies and rainbows tonight. Whatever I do, I will not think about or dream about bunnies or rainbows. Or rainbows and bunnies. No bunnies sliding on rainbows. No rainbows sliding on bunnies. Not tonight." So for you, I'd say read this before you lie down: "I, Julianna, will NOT dream about Top Chef Masters tonight. Nope. No food challenges for me. No interesting culinary delights shall fill my head. I will not think about or dream about [insert contestant names here]." A few times over may do the trick.

    ReplyDelete