Life is more fun when you RAWR!


Wednesday, January 4, 2012

2012 Resolutions

Given the amazing success of my 2011 resolutions, I'm ready to decide what to do with myself in 2012.  A quick glance ahead on the calendar shows me it's going to be a huge, busy year and we're only on day 4.  Buckle up folks, it's going to get interesting.

So here they are, my 2012 New Years Resolutions:

Finish the Ramblin' Rose triathlon.
This is a very short sprint tri and the run is only 2 miles.  Finishing a triathlon has always been a dream and now it's time to make it happen

Read 12 books.
Surprised at the results of my 2011 reading resolution, I'm determined to read that one book per month


Take more pictures and take them off my phone
My 2011 pictures folder has far fewer pictures categorized in dated folders because 90% of the pictures I took were on my phone which does not talk to my linux computer.  All it takes is one extra step to get the pics off my phone and into my computer.  This year I'm going to make sure I do it.

Focus on having family dinners
With my husband's busy schedule family dinners often turn into the boys eating while watching cartoons, me eating standing up while cleaning the dishes and the husband eating at some point after work.  At the very least I can sit down at the table with the boys and have a real dinner.  Hopefully dad can be there with us more often too.

Knit more
I've recently learned the basics of knitting.  I really enjoy it.  I really want to do more with it.

Sew more
My sewing machine has been sadly quiet in recent weeks.  Time to fire my singer up.

Make more Christmas gifts and start on it earlier
My Christmas gift-giving was lack-luster to say the least. This year I really want to give more from the heart and give as few gift-cards as possible.  This means I cannot start them the week before Christmas.


So, there it is.  It's a relatively modest list, but still challenging.  I hope you'll all blog your resolutions!!

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to get my butt in gear and do my resolutions. :)

    ReplyDelete